Sunday 30 September 2012

Evaluation of Existing Web Logs


In this chart  I have recorded and evaluated my findings from existing web logs to help me develop my own practice.
This chart should help me with what to do and what not to do also it will help me decide what makes a succesful blog.
Name of Web Log
Purpose and intention of Web Log
What differing media or ICT Techniques (Video, Hyperlinks etc.)are used?
How effectively does the Web Log convey information and engage the consumer?
What areas from this Web Log would you like to employ in your own?
Concrete Loop
Promote urban black people
Celebrating
Promote awareness to the arts
Latest news
Jpeg
Videos
Links
Embedded YouTube links
Hyperlinks
Links to other Blogs
Different fonts, colours and sizes
Clear and concise information
A range of the media and ICT techniques.
Straight to the point information
THE SPORTBLOG
(Guardian)
Keep people updated Celebrating achievements
Latest news
Jpeg

Not very clear
Very jam packed
People do still read because sport is such a hot topic
Make sure my blog’s topic is interesting, so it attracts the majority not minority.
National Geographic Kids
Share thoughts and experiences online
Different fonts, colours and sizes
Videos
Jpeg

Different colours help you get around the blog swiftly
The blog is organised


Having comment boxes to make the blog more interactive
 S.M.A.R.T. TARGETS
S - specific
M - measurable
A - agreed upon
R - realistic
T - time-based

1.Use a range of media and ICT techniques- by doing this it will ensure that my blog is interesting and it will keep the readers engaged. Also it shows that  I have those ICT and media skills.
2.Choose a interesting  blog topic- if I decide to choose a blog topic that a very small amount of people are interested in then my blog wont get as many hits as I would like but if its a very popular and talked about subject then that will bring a bigger audience.
3.The presentation and structure of blog- I would perfer if my blog is organised and in order. If the blog looks presentable then it will be easier for readers to read the blog.

My S.M.A.R.T targets will help my blog be a success

No comments:

Post a Comment