Tuesday 25 September 2012

Introduction


Hey All
I'm Talia and I'm 16. I curently attend La Swap Sixth Form and I study AS Media.
I see adverts, read magazines, enjoy digital media and play games almost everyday but I never really understood how they were made. At the age of 14, I took part in a competition called 'I Am Creative'. We were given a series of design briefs to choose from; a Nokia Brief or Fit for life. I chose the Nokia brief. In summary, I won the compettion and won a Nokia phone BUT Nokia were so impressd with my idea they decide to make it into an actual game and put it on Ovi Store. The game is called 'Green Spree' and its about the environment.

http://www.ideasfoundation.org.uk/thebrief/iac2.html   (Click to read a article on the game and view a couple of screen shot from Green Spree)

Since then, I have just been drawn into the Media/Creative industry. Since then I received an award for the game in the Hackney Empire and was invited to the Houses of Parliament. 
I have also created a  poster campaign and viral video for Global Handwashing Day 2011.

This poster when to all Primary School's across England and can be downloaded from the global handwashing day website anywhere in the world

 (Click to watch the viral video)
This is why I chose to study A level Media because I love creating posters, magazines and adverts. I have a real passion for this subject. I REALLY want to learn how to use the different software like Photoshop and Indesign.

Apart from Media I also enjoy listening to music. I like all types of music as long as I can dance to it or belt out a note or two. Gospel , Reggae , Bashment , Rnb ....I  LIKE IT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment