Tuesday 20 November 2012

Flat plan for school magazines



A flat plan shows where all articles and adverts are laid out, and in what order. It allows total control of the magazine making process avoiding misunderstanding. Without a flat plan, the people making the magazine or any other publication struggle to control, which pages go where.


On my front cover flat plan I wanted a medium close up of a student and a banner that goes diagonally across the students top with says results I also have a big masthead at the top with two cover lines. My flat plan is very simple and basic which is not very good because when it comes to making it I will then have to spend time during production thinking of which colours I want to use which and so forth also if  we were in a magazine company then this could cause confusion with people trying to understand what I actually wanted on my magazine.


On the contents page flat plan I wanted an image of a group of people then a contents page banner underneath. Under that I had a list of all the articles wanted in the magazine. Then at the bottom would be 4 pictures that were the “Pictures of the week “.
Again this flat plan was very simple and could cause people in production to be confused. I need to next time make it more detailed, so that I can clearly convey what I want to have on my contents page.

Overall, I can see what I want to have on my school magazine but other may not, so I next time need to make it more detailed but not to complex.




No comments:

Post a Comment